Pollution Control measures
& Waste Management
Prof. Sadiqa Abbas
As per National Institute of Health, USA, statistics, in 2015, pollution killed 9 million people in the world. Major forms of pollution include: air pollution, noise pollution, plastic pollution, soil contamination, radioactive contamination, thermal pollution, visual pollution, water pollution etc.
Pollution control is a major global concern because of the harmful effects it has on health and environment. Everyone is a stakeholder as we are all inhabitants of this one and only mother earth. Each person can contribute something to advance environmental pollution control measures.
Making cities smarter, livable and sustainable calls for development of smart techno-economic solution for leaving behind a legacy for the generation to come. Researchers are encouraged to submit their original work falling under the following sub-themes:
• Integrating big data for pollution control
• Innovative ways to make waste less wasteful
• Smart technologies for sustainable waste management
• Waste to Energy
• Sensing pollution in smart cities
• Smart pollution control measures
• Reducing Air, Water, Soil, and Noise Pollution
• Low Carbon Foot Print Technologies for Pollution abatement
• Role of SCADA in Pollution Monitoring